Community Forum

Internet Service Interruptions with Netgear C6250-100NAS and "Unicast Maintenance Ranging" errors

jedgilchrist
New Poster

Internet Service Interruptions with Netgear C6250-100NAS and "Unicast Maintenance Ranging" errors

Hello!

We have been experiencing sharp and sudden interruptions to our home network service (which has been operating just fine for well over a year with the equipment we have).

I have a Netgear C6250-100NAS as Modem and WiFi router.

The following error(s) in the Netgear Event Log were coincident with today's interruption. What would be the best path(s) to remedy this situation?

2020-6-25, 10:18:42 Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=cc:40:d0:2e:40:f8;CMTS-MAC=00:cc:fc:60:65:ce;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

EG
Expert

Re: Internet Service Interruptions with Netgear C6250-100NAS and "Unicast Maintenance Ranging&q

Please also post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
jedgilchrist
New Poster

Re: Internet Service Interruptions with Netgear C6250-100NAS and "Unicast Maintenance Ranging&a

where would I find those numbers? I don't have that info in the event viewer I referenced above.

EG
Expert

Re: Internet Service Interruptions with Netgear C6250-100NAS and "Unicast Maintenance Ranging&a

The stats should be somewhere near that area where you got that error log entry.

See if they are somewhere in here;

View the Status and Statistics of the Modem Router
You can view status information about the modem router and its cable connection, Internet
connection, and WiFi networks. In addition, you can view traffic statistics for the various ports.
View the Cable Information and Internet Port and WiFi Status
The ADVANCED Home page displays cable information, the Internet port status, and WiFi
settings for the radio of the main and guest networks.
 To view information about the modem router, Internet port, and WiFi settings:
1. Launch an Internet browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the
network.
2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Type admin for the user name and type your password.
If you did not yet personalize your password, type password for the password.
4. Click the OK button.
The BASIC Home page displays.
5. Select ADVANCED > ADVANCED Home.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
jedgilchrist
New Poster

I've checked everywhere and those statistics are not available for my router's admin console.

Is there a third party app I could download and run for free to ascertain the same?

jedgilchrist
New Poster

I downloaded NetSpot and it's telling me my SNR is about 50% on average. That's based on the Wifi though. I'll see if I can find something for the router itself/wired connection.

EG
Expert

No, but you can call in to 1800comcast and ask a rep to check them. Good luck !