Community Forum

Internet Randomly disconnects

Frequent Visitor

Internet Randomly disconnects

Hi I’m a Comcast customer with the gig service with the provided modem XB6-T I’ve been having internet issues for over a year where I get random disconnects for around 12 seconds. This happened with the XB3 modem also that’s one of the reasons I upgraded. Comcast has replaced the drop down line,splitter,and all coax cables and still no fix. We even swapped the modem out 4 times replaced all the Ethernet cables and even bought a nighthawk RX500 router to easy the load on the modem and still no fix. I’ve been in contact with the FCC and some guy at Comcast for some time and no one can figure it out Comcast keeps saying there is no issue. The reliability is important since I’m a gamer who plays in tournaments and streams and I know what your thinking maybe your getting booted offline I can confirmed that I ain’t I changed my public IP through the MAC and did not play for a whole week and still seen disconnects. I really need help here guys it’s been over a year and I’m losing hope at this point I’m looking forward to moving out of this city and to a place where fiber internet is available and by a better ISP. I’ve told Comcast it could be the node and it sounded like spikes in the lines but they told me everything was fine had to add that in there if any suggestions please let me know Comcast in my area lies a lot so who knows if they actually checked the lines and the node. If anyone at Comcast can help me and get these people to fix it,it would mean the world to me. Thank you
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Internet Randomly disconnects

Can you post your signal levels/event logs, please? Does this happen only when you are gaming? All games?

Video: How to view power levels and event logs.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

It goes out no matter if I'm gaming or just browsing. It happens on hardwired and wireless. I did not witness a disconnect today but It could of happened it happens fast and randomly lasting usually 12 seconds and its a big deal because I am a streamer and a competitive gamer who plays in online Tournaments. Been happening for over a year here are all the info you asked for it would be very appreciated if you could figure this out or get me in touch with the right person who could this is my only option for Internet that I got. These are screen shots please ignore the top bar I took a lot of screen shots to show all the channels since I could not get them all in one picture. I hope this is the information you need and that it helps you help me. Thank you (Uncorrected words were none or 3 so I did not bother to take screen shots of all of them the modem was up for about 9 hours at this time I took these. Capture.PNGCapture 2.PNGCapture 3.PNGCapture 4.PNGCapture 5.PNGCapture 7.PNGFrom Yesterday there are none for today since modem only been up for 8 hoursCapture 8.PNGFrom Yesterday there are none for today since modem only been up for 8 hours

Official Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!