Community Forum

Internet Problems

New Poster

Internet Problems

Every evening between 7pm & 8pm my internet goes out.
I have traced the problem, and given the exact location (I.P. Address) of the dropped Trace.
Yet every evening I spend time ARGUING with your "TECH SUPPORT" because they want to blame my router, my modem, my house, anything and everything that has not a dang thing to do with the trace being dropped in a City 10 miles FROM my home.

You need to stop blaming customoser for your bad infastructure, and get the problem fixed. I'm sick and tired of having to deal with this issue on such a repetitive basis.

Problem Solver

Re: Internet Problems

Have you tried asking for a supervisor or escalation to level 2 or 3 support?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
New Poster

I have asked. And each time I make the request I'm told "My Supervisor is very busy at the moment". I was asked to check my router, and mosemd no less than 5 times last night. Even though I could pinpoint with the Trace where the problem was, and told them this repeatedly.

SO FRUSTRATING!

Problem Solver

I understand your frustration.  As a former tech support engineer, problems like this stuck in my craw until resolved.  Have you asked/insisted a ticket to be opened?  Maybe that would get to the next level support.

Joe V
Expert

@NicoleAustin wrote:

Every evening between 7pm & 8pm my internet goes out.
I have traced the problem, and given the exact location (I.P. Address) of the dropped Trace.
Yet every evening I spend time ARGUING with your "TECH SUPPORT" because they want to blame my router, my modem, my house, anything and everything that has not a dang thing to do with the trace being dropped in a City 10 miles FROM my home.

You need to stop blaming customoser for your bad infastructure, and get the problem fixed. I'm sick and tired of having to deal with this issue on such a repetitive basis.

Please post the output of that trace.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have not.

Right now I just get stone walled every time I try to escalate to a Manager or a Tier 2 Support.

What are the magical words to get it escalated?

Problem Solver

I've insisted on getting a ticket opened and if the person can't, connect me to someone who can.  Sometimes you have to call back and get someone else.  Every time you call into Customer Service, there should be a note on your account that the reps can see.

Joe V
Expert

@NicoleAustin 

Can we see the trace just for the Halibut please ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Trace Report.jpgThis is the first report from last nightTrace Report 2-1.jpgThis is the send report from last night

New Poster

Trace Report.jpg

New Poster

I'm trying.

I'm uploading .jpg

That should work.

Expert

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to them here.

Problem Solver

You could do the trace and send it to a .txt file, e.g. from a DOS/Command prompt window:

C:\Users\Joe>tracert xfinity.com > xfinitytrace.txt

It may take awhile as it goes thru 30 hops but the file is in the same directory C:\Users\Joe (for me).  You can copy paste that text into the post.

Tracing route to xfinity.com [96.114.14.140]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
  1   365 ms     3 ms     9 ms  XXXXXXX [192.168.1.1]
  2    25 ms    29 ms    29 ms  96.120.70.69
  3    30 ms    29 ms    29 ms  te-9-4-ur01.milton.vt.boston.comcast.net [68.86.236.21]
  4    30 ms    29 ms    49 ms  96.110.23.17
  5    36 ms    29 ms    39 ms  96.110.23.1
  6    45 ms    41 ms    41 ms  be-7015-cr02.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.90.217]
  7    62 ms    59 ms    59 ms  be-10305-cr02.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.85.202]
  8    89 ms    79 ms    90 ms  be-10521-cr02.1601milehigh.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.85.170]
  9    84 ms    85 ms    78 ms  ae0-0-ar03-d.cmc.co.ndcwest.comcast.net [68.86.90.74]
 10    89 ms    89 ms    79 ms  ae-2-0-ar03-d.potomac.co.ndcwest.comcast.net [162.151.85.70]
 11    77 ms    89 ms    86 ms  be-100-ur05-d.potomac.co.ndcwest.comcast.net [162.151.57.122]
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
Joe V
New Poster
New Poster

This was the first trace

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 10 ms 11 ms 10 ms 96.120.6.77
3 14 ms 12 ms 11 ms 96.110.70.229
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 15 ms 13 ms 13 ms be-7725-cr02.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.93.125]
6 12 ms 13 ms 14 ms be-11491-pe04.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.178]
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

New Poster

This is the 2nd trace

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 10 ms 12 ms 13 ms 96.120.6.77
3 12 ms 16 ms 12 ms 96.110.70.229
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 12 ms 21 ms 15 ms be-7725-cr02.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.93.125]
6 15 ms 19 ms 17 ms be-1402-cs04.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net [96.110.32.81]
7 12 ms 26 ms 19 ms be-2401-pe01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net [96.110.32.98]
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Problem Solver

Can you post the text of a good trace and show what you are tracin to?  We can try the same trace.

Joe V
Expert

What domain are you tracing to ?

New Poster

Google.com

Expert

O/k is that the only domain that fails at that hop or does a trace to everything fail ? I ask because you wrote this: "Every evening between 7pm & 8pm my internet goes out."

That one failure at that hop of the trace to that one domain doesn't cooroberate a general failure of your entire internet connection.

New Poster

When the internet goes out every evening, nothing works.

My roku won't connect, my phone won't connect, and my computer won't connect.

Google.com is just a general reliable default tracing domain that I use.

If you want me to try different Domains this evening, I can. Tell me where you would like me to trace to.

Problem Solver

Can you capture a good trace while your internet is working for a baseline?

Joe V
Expert

@NicoleAustin wrote:

When the internet goes out every evening, nothing works.

My roku won't connect, my phone won't connect, and my computer won't connect.

Google.com is just a general reliable default tracing domain that I use.

If you want me to try different Domains this evening, I can. Tell me where you would like me to trace to.

Any popular destinations will do like yahoo.com, youtube.com, apple.com, microsoft.com, etc.

Problem Solver

comcast.net and xfinity.com would be good ones.  get/save a trace of them when your internet is working to compare to the failures.

Joe V
New Poster

This is a Trace to Yahoo.com right now. While internet is working well.

1 <1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 13 ms 18 ms 12 ms 96.120.6.77
3 11 ms 18 ms 11 ms 96.110.70.229
4 11 ms 15 ms 14 ms ae-34-ar01.b0atlanta.ga.atlanta.comcast.net [162.151.89.145]
5 11 ms 13 ms 10 ms ae-9.edge4.Atlanta2.Level3.net [4.68.38.113]
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 34 ms 36 ms 38 ms YAHOO-INC.ear3.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.14.130.30]
8 49 ms 46 ms 47 ms ae-3.pat2.dnx.yahoo.com [216.115.96.58]
9 52 ms 56 ms 54 ms ae-5.pat2.nez.yahoo.com [216.115.96.70]
10 64 ms 62 ms 60 ms et-18-1-0.msr2.ne1.yahoo.com [216.115.105.185]
11 53 ms 54 ms 55 ms et-1-0-0.clr2-a-gdc.ne1.yahoo.com [98.138.97.73]
12 62 ms 57 ms 67 ms po255.bas1-1-flk.ne1.yahoo.com [98.138.0.97]
13 56 ms 60 ms 56 ms media-router-fp1.prod1.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com [98.138.219.231]

Expert

@jav6joev wrote:

comcast.net and xfinity.com would be good ones.  get/save a trace of them when your internet is working to compare to the failures.

FWIW, those will work too but they are like any other common domain. The internet service doesn't originate from there although many people think that it does.

Problem Solver

Right, but if you cannot get to your service providers' own domain/servers they might be more inclined to take a look.

Joe V
Expert

Who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Employee

Hello, NicoleAustin. Welcome to the Xfinity forums. I'm glad to see you've been able to work with EG and jav6joev to help get a better idea of the situation. I would like to take a closer look into this issue and see if we can find a solution so you can enjoy a consistent connection once again!  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

NicoleAustin, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to make the repairs necessary to restore a stable connection to your internet services, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.