Community Forum

Internet Issues

New Poster

Internet Issues

Hey I'm having problems with my internet. So here is how it all started.

I used to have the 150 mps and the internet was working fine.

I decided to upgrade my internet to the Gig speed. That is when all the problems started. At first I bought my own modem and the internet keeps crashing every few minutes. It was impossible to use it. I called and they said that it was the Drop and so they sent someone to change it. The problem did not get fixed. Then they said that it was my modem and so I bought another one (yes both were Xfinity approved for the Gig speed). The problem still occurred. They send out two more technicians out and they said that there was noise on the wires from the amplifier from the main line from them. So they said they couldn't do anything about it themselves. And so the problem did not get resolved.

So I decided to downgrade to the 200 mps and see if the problem gets resolved. It sort of did because it did not crash as often as before. Its became usable. But I was not happy and I called and they still blamed my equipment. I decided to go and get the equipment provided by Xfinity and installed the new one. The internet is still doing that same thing. Even with Xfinitys equipment. I don't know what to do should I downgrade even more to the 100 mps because when I had the low speeds it was working better.

Also when I was using my own equipment I was able to go in the modem up address and checked the settings and it was giving me Time out errors.
Now the internet became bad again like it was with the Gig speed. My family keeps saying that it's doing that all day not just at night, but even when I'm at work.

What should I do??

Thank you
Expert

Re: Internet Issues

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!