Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Internet Dropping & Modem Rebooting

Regular Visitor

Internet Dropping & Modem Rebooting

For the past two weeks the internet has been dropping and the modem has been rebooting every few hours, taking between 5-10 minutes to reboot and for wifi signal to come back on.. I installed a new motorola MB7420 modem, and currently have a D-link DIR600L router. On 6/14 an XFinity tech visited, checked the signal, and replaced ground level wires. He said the signal was coming through fine from comcast's end. On the modem all of the lights are on, with upstream and downstream channels showing as bonded. When the modem resets, all of the lights flash, then start to come on one by one like a typical reset. Could the wires running from the pole to the house be the source of the issue? What is the issue causing my modem to reboot and the internet to drop every few hours?

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 11.04.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-25 at 11.04.51 AM.png

Expert

Re: Internet Dropping & Modem Rebooting

Hi @RBaxter1,

Your signal levels look pretty good, but your error log confirms your connection issues.

I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Regular Visitor

Thank you!

Official Employee

RBaxter1, let's check to see if there is any leakage or rippling on the line. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number tied to your residential services for help. Just click my name and then click private message me.