Community Forum

Internet Disconnects and High Upstream Power.

Regular Visitor

Internet Disconnects and High Upstream Power.

Hello,

I've had internet disconnect problems ongoing for about 2-3 years now.  The internet will work fine 90% of the time, but I will randomly get disconnected for 6-7 minutes.  Usually my upstream power levels are around 45-46 dBmV however when the disconnect happens it spikes up to 52+.  The cast majority of my disconnects happen during the morning and midday. I get almost no disconnects during night time and I get a lot fewer disconnects whenever it is raining/cloudy.  A tech came out and said that essientally the wiring in the house is bad and causes it.  This always get quoted my a customer service rep whenever I call saying there isnt anything they can do. I have tried things like using a UPS and even running an extension cable to my neighbors house for a day but I still get disconnects.  If anyone has any suggestions or can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Here are the levels right after an internet outage. Sometimes one of the levels are low but there is always one high level.

updown stream levels.png

Official Employee

Re: Internet Disconnects and High Upstream Power.

Greetings, MTumlinson! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear that you don't have a reliable connection 100% of the time. That's certainly frustrating and would drive me batty just wondering why. I would like to look into this and see what we can do for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Internet Disconnects and High Upstream Power.

Hello, MTumlinson. I have not heard back from you and hope you have been able to get this issue resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!