Community Forum

Internet Constantly Drops For A Few Seconds after 8:30pm EST

New Poster

Internet Constantly Drops For A Few Seconds after 8:30pm EST

This has been a problem for a few months and I am out of options, here's the situation.

My roommate and I live in an apartment complex and play an MMO usually at night till the morning. About a few months ago, I would notice that when we were playing together (on the same network) we were disconnecting in and out. I believed it was a insuffienct bandwitdth problem so i planned to upgrade my internet from 150mbps to 1000mbps but I also noticed that I was disconnecting more even though I am connected via Ethernet and she was connected via WiFi. I was curious, so I did a few tests to investigate the problem. I learned that the connection issues would only happen between the hours of 8:30pm EST to about 4:00am EST. I was baffled.

I called Xfinity, upgraded the internet to 1000mbps, had the technician install it, and run some tests. He told me it was fine but the box in the back of the building needs some maitenance and told me to call him back if the problem wasn't fixed.
The problem would consist but not for my roommate who is on WiFi, but my computer was still being affected by these disconnects. I called the technician back and he did some maintence on it and it was fine for a day or two, then the connection issues started happening again.
I have updates all my drivers, monitered the network for suspicious activity, changed my router position, and did a full security scan on my pc and the connection after 8:30pm EST still is unstable. I can't stream anymore, I can't play my MMO anymore without getting booted from the server because of connection.

I am out of options, I don't know what to do.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Internet Constantly Drops For A Few Seconds after 8:30pm EST

Hello LordD20. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. I can assist with troubleshooting your intermittent connectivity issue. I'd like to start with polling the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. I can also check your local Node/Plant for any degradation or error reports. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your equipment. To send a private message: click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click the link that says "Send a message" and there you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Internet Constantly Drops For A Few Seconds after 8:30pm EST

Hello LordD20. Thank you for private messaging me and allowing us to troubleshoot your issue. Due to elapsed time with no private message response from you, this thread has been locked. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to respond via private message or create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you again. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!