Community Forum

Internet Connectivity

Regular Visitor

Internet Connectivity

For a month my internet goes out several times every hour. I have a direct line to my modem/router. Four different technicians (and supervisor) have been to my home four times and a maintenance worker (for outside) once. The maintenance worker was needed because twice I was told the problem is “at the pole” and not in my home since I have the direct line to my modem/router. The problem remains and I am told there is nothing more they can do to resolve the issue. Also, they could not explain why my phone also goes out which they cannot blame on poor wi-fi.  

I experienced these same issues in January 2018 for a month long period. The problem randomly stopped. During that period Comcast made four visits,  replacing all lines to and within my home and a new Xfinity modem/router.

I am currently using a Nighthawk C7100V.

Expert

Re: Internet Connectivity

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not an employee.
Regular Visitor

I am moderately tech savvy.  Is this the information you need?:

WiFi Cable Modem Router:  Netgear Nighthawk C7100V

Event Log:

Untitled.png

Expert

We still need the signal levels from the modem, which show things like number of bonded channels, downstream power levels, Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) etc. Those will help clue us in as to where the problem may lie.

The Experts are regular customers who volunteer their time helping other customers on the Forums and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Don't forget to post the "Upstream" power level numbers as well.

Regular Visitor

Download screenshot

Download Screen.png
Regular Visitor

Upstream screenshot.

Upstream Log.png
New Poster

I'm having the same problem lately.  A couple of years ago this same problem was resolved when they replaced some equipment out on the poles in the area - probably distribution amps or related.