Community Forum

Internet Connection

New Poster

Internet Connection

Going on almost a month now my internet has been disconnecting for a few seconds at a time and reconnecting. It does this multiple times a day and on other days only once or twice. I called and eventually managed to get a technician too show up to the house after the first one never showed and they told me twice on the phone that on their end it did not look as though my modem/router combination(Meaning my moden and router are all one device) was the source of the problem. The tech spent about five minutes at the house, told me my modem/router combination was old and probably the cause and left. I bought a new modem/router combination and it is still doing the same thing.

And my internet connection speed will be anywhere from like 6.10Mpbs download/2.68Mpbs upload with 236Ping too, today, 296.8Mpbs download/11.9Mbps upload and 22Ping.

I am paying for 150Mpbs of internet speed so it doesn't make any sense that it would fluctuate between such different numbers as far as the download is concerned. 296.8, 179.4, 6.18 and on the numbers went. Any potential ideas as too a root cause of the problem would be much appreciated in advance of the Tech showing up for a second time on Tuesday.

Expert

Re: Internet Connection

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Post the requested info from here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee Digital Care

Hi @SergeantZombo

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I wanted to follow up to see if you were able to view the links provided by @EG  to see if this helps, or if you need further assistance? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee Digital Care

Hello, we haven't heard from you but please feel free to reach back out here and create another post if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.