Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Internet Blast Speed

Contributor

Internet Blast Speed

i have the the now $18 (was $13) speed boost, comcast up the download speeds for speed blast from 200 to 250Mbps...i restarted my modem a few times but still stuck on 200Mbps...does this also up the upload speeds? im at 10Mbps upload and its pretty slow for the house

Expert

Re: Internet Blast Speed

No. All the Blast tier's speeds have 10 Mbps up;

Blast [ 100 ]: 100 Mbps / 10 Mbps           121 Mbps / 12.1 Mbps
Blast Pro [ 150 ]: 150 Mbps / 10 Mbps           181.5 Mbps / 12.1 Mbps
Blast (NE) / Blast Pro [ 200 ]: 200 Mbps / 10 Mbps           242 Mbps / 12.1 Mbps
Blast Pro [ 250 ]: 250 Mbps / 10 Mbps           302.5 Mbps / 12.1 Mbps

Try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to *roll and re-provision* the modem. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem.

Contributor

wow wonder why they are stuck on the 10Mbps upload?

ok ill give that a try...just hate talking to them on the phone, seems like they dont know whats going on but ill give it a go

Contributor

cani get a comcast employee to reply and help me.

Expert

I'm going to try escalating your ongoing issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic.

Contributor

thank you.

Official Employee

Hi @Cricket47. I can help roll and re-provision your modem as well as verify your modem's bootfile for downstream service flow. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your modem/account. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) and click Private Message Me.

Contributor

i cant send you a message, it brings me to a dead page....can you please send me a message so i can just reply to it?..ill keep trying to send you a message

Contributor

still cant send a message to you...??

Contributor

please send me a message so i can reply, i cant send you one...i wanna get my modem work now so i can get my speeds im paying for. thanks

Official Employee

Apologizes for the delay in getting your private messaging ability activated. I just sent you the private message. Let's take it from there. 

Contributor

ComcastJoeTru..we can take this chat back here, like i said in my private message that i just sent you already got my info...ill be home 3:30ish i really need my modem to work right

Official Employee

@Cricket47. I was able to roll and re-provision your modem this morning. Please retest. 

I verified again, that  our Blast Pro speed is currently not available in your area of our Northeast Division. Also, Blast internet in your area is 200 Mbps/10 Mbps in your area.