Community Forum

Internet Activation Issues

Highlighted
New Poster

Internet Activation Issues

I recently moved to a new apartment and decided to bring my service with me to my new place. I have my own modem/router and I did a self-install at my last place and did not have any issues.

At my new place I got everything plugged in and tried to activate service but kept getting an error message saying “we’re unable to locate this device”. I called the support line multiple times and spoke to people who couldn’t figure out what the issue was. They scheduled an appointment for someone to come out and look at it (which i didn’t want to do, because I don’t want to pay $50+ for it).

Two hours later, I was finally able to get the activation page to work and my service was activated. I was able to browse and stream and everything was fine. My account page said my service had been activated and I received an email confirming the activation. I called the next day to cancel the appointment since it was no longer needed.

Two days later, my network stopped working. When I tried to log in to the network, it redirected me to the activation page and wanted me to activate my service. Didn’t make sense since my service had been active for 2 days with no issues. I started receiving an error that said “we need to take care of a few things before you can activate your service”. WHAT? Sure enough, my account page now said that my service was pending activation.

I have spoken to support multiple times this week, and nothing has been solved. Hours spent on the phone with no solution. I’m seriously considering eating the $110 early cancellation fee to cancel this contract and switch to MetroNet. This is a major headache and I am tired of dealing with it. The support line and people at the xfinity store have been no help at all.
Expert

Re: Internet Activation Issues

Sounds like the modem may have lost its provisioning in their backend. 

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. 

They  will be able to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete. Good luck.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi, pianoman03. Welcome to the community. Thanks for posting. We're glad that you chose to reach out here for support. It's frustrating to hear about what has taken place with your self-install. While they aren't guaranteed to work because of several premise related factors, it's unusual that yours was working and then stopped. The sequence of events that you listed leads me to believe that the service order may have accidentally been cancelled, instead of only the service appointment specifically. Either way, let's see what we can do to get your service working again. We'd hate for you to discontinue the service and I'd appreciate the opportunity to help. I can look into this for you and see what I can do to help you get everything squared away. Please send me a private message with your name and I will reply from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you, I look forward to working with you on resolving this. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello again, Pianoman03. I have completed this interaction because I ended up not hearing back from you on it. If you do end up needing further support with this, please send me that private message. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.