Community Forum

Internet Access

New Poster

Internet Access

Why do I contnue to get this message when I'm trying to access secured sites.  I've check with the IT that I'm trying to connect to. They said it sounds like the problem is coming from my Internet carrier.  This is the message: The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite. This is likely to be caused when the server needs RC4, which is no longer considered secure.

Official Employee

Re: Internet Access

Hello ddhealthcare. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. Since it sounds like your internet service is working, and this is website specific, this would believe us to believe this is a personal networking issue. Does this error occur on multiple devices? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Internet Access

Hi ddhealthcare. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!