Community Forum

Internet Access Constantly Freezes

New Poster

Internet Access Constantly Freezes

We have just switched from AT&T to Xfinity, and we are consistantly having problems with browsing the internet. We have no problems watching TV through our Roku (and hence through our internet connection), and the Xfinity speed test suggests we have a good download speed. However on all our devices (windows laptop, macbook, ipad and iphones) web pages consistantly freeze or fail to load. This is the same for wired and wireless connections. Has anyone had any experience of this, and tips for things I can try? We're seriously considering going back to AT&T, but thought I'd try a last ditch effort for a solution here. here.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Internet Access Constantly Freezes

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please provide Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts.

It's best to use an Ethernet cable connection if possible while checking Internet reliability.

If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast do the troubleshooting, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using one of the "Trouble" options at https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have or sign up for their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/account/service-protection-plan/, about $6/mo) and keep it for at least 60 days. If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast modem, eMTA, gateway device, or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

New Poster

Yes! Internet feeezes every day. Reset works for about 4 minutes, and sometimes 12 hours. Otherwise screen says “loading” or “application too large...” while trying to watch YouTube. My system is wired. New install about two months ago.