Community Forum

Intermittent signal - have to keep unplugging and resetting modem

Regular Visitor

Intermittent signal - have to keep unplugging and resetting modem

I continue to have intermittent signal on my TV, wi fi, and lose connectivity to wi fi.   What works temporarily is to reset the modem by unplugging and replugging and resetting it.  But, this is NOT a permanent fix.  The problem usually continues and I never know when it will occur.  It is a big problem especially if I am in the middle of a project.

I've had this problem off and on for several years.   I usually go through the usual of xfinity sending out a technician, but they don't usually have a clue.  I always ask for a 2nd or top level technician and I ALWAYS TELL THE PHONE REP THAT THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN FIXED IN THE PAST WITH THE WIRING OUTSIDE.    

Somehow, you have to go through a lot of wasted time with protocol before they send out a guy who actually checks the outside wiring, and replaces it or removes some of the connectors and then it works again for a couple of years.   New technician coming tomorrow.  Hopefully they will 'GET IT'.

Official Employee

Re: Intermittent signal - have to keep unplugging and resetting modem

Hi spacechick, thank you for reaching out on our community forums, was the technician able to correct your service issues?  Please let me know if yous still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Intermittent signal - have to keep unplugging and resetting modem

Hi spacechick,  I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!