Community Forum

Intermittent packet loss and slow internet?

Highlighted
New Poster

Intermittent packet loss and slow internet?

Lately, my internet has been acting up. I've been getting intermittent packet loss in games I play and recently I haven't been able to watch youtube videos or streams without it buffering.

I've tried resetting the modem, but that doesn't fix anything. I also did a speed test and everything seems fine on that end though.

I also contacted the support team for the game I played, and after I did a couple things for them they told me that I should contact a tier 2 agent to help resolve this issue. So here I am in the forums hoping for help!

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Intermittent packet loss and slow internet?

Is no comcast support member going to reply to this? Is this how they treat their consumers?

Highlighted
Expert

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Internet-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/3310447#M316652

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

The same happens to me, the only difference is that we are not playing games, we are only writing emails or occasionally connected to video calls and sometimes the video calls drop or we are just abruptly logged off from our email accounts. Tech has come multiple times and leave without doing anything because "the signal is okay." It is very frustrating.  Good luck. I hope your issue gets fixed.