Community Forum

Intermittent Outages: Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out

Highlighted
New Poster

Intermittent Outages: Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out

For the past year my wifi has been randomly, intermittanly dropping. It comes back on within a minute or two, but this means I cannot conduct work or school calls without losing a connection.

According to my modem's error log, I've had 21 signal drops in less than 24 hours today (10/11/20).

Here are the errors I'm regularly seeing and they tend to come together:

Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=38:94:ed:da:21:80;CMTS-MAC=f8:b7:e2:04:97:96;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

MDD message timeout;CM-MAC=38:94:ed:da:21:80;CMTS-MAC=f8:b7:e2:04:97:96;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

I also am, less often, seeing:

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=38:94:ed:da:21:80;CMTS-MAC=f8:b7:e2:04:97:96;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

To date, I have tried...

-5 different modem/routers from 3 different brands (including renting from Xfinity)

-4 technicians have come out to inspect the problem and found nothing

-All visible coax cables and connections have been replaced

-The tap plate has been replaced

-Increased bandwidth to 300 Mbps

-Changed the channels on the modem/router

-Moved the modem to a different coax outlet to test

-Wired, Ethernet connection DOES NOT drop

-Disconnected repeater to see if it was causing interference

-Disconnected all other devices one by one to see if they were causing interference

-Set static IP addresses for devices where this was possible

This issue is still happening and everyone I've talked to at Xfinity keeps trying, but ultimately shrugging their shoulders. I can't work from home and my high school student cannot complete an online class without a dropped connection.

My modem/router is currently a Netgear A1900 C7000v2

Please help!