Community Forum

Intermittent Internet Drops, Firewall Logs

Highlighted
New Poster

Intermittent Internet Drops, Firewall Logs

Hello,
I’ve contacted support multiple times and had 2 tech visits about this issue with no luck. My internet will have random drops that last about 8-15 seconds. I looked at the logs of the firewall of my xFi gateway, and noticed these logs that coincide with the drops.

“FW.IPv6 INPUT drop”
“FW.IPv6 FORWARD drop”

I thought this was a DoS attack, but my gateway has been replaced and has a different IP, and the issues persisted. Is there any solution to this problem?
Expert

Re: Intermittent Internet Drops, Firewall Logs

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hello,
I am unable to post the signals but have had 3 techs and support say that all the signals are as they should be. The gateway is the default Arris TG1682G.
Expert

It would really help to see the stats... If you can't post pics here,  you could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

Again, is this WiFi ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

For what's it worth, I have the same gateway and always have had rock solid performance,  but I have always set the channels etc manually, 3 days ago I set it to automatic and started experiencing similar events, I switched back to manually selecting and it cleared up

Contributor

This is super similar to the T3 timeouts I'm seeing on my network. The network drops from them for around 8-15 seconds, and we've had 2 techs out and no-one seems to have a clue what's going on here.

In my case I'm seeing the T3 time-outs on my modem error logs. It's happening a bunch during busier times of the night, and it's really disruptive to anything that cannot buffer for 8-15 seconds of disconnect (gaming, low latency streaming, etc)

Where are you located? I'm in the Bay Area, CA. Wondering if you're in a similar region, and if this could be a regional issue.