Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Intermittent Internet Connection

Frequent Visitor

Intermittent Internet Connection

Hello,

I am losing faith in the Xfinity Internet services. I am experiencing the intermittent internet every day. I noticed that there is a message showed on the modem page "WAN port is unplugged" when I lose the internet connection. I checked the cables for many times and I cannot find anything wrong with the cables. I suspect that there is a problem associated with the cables inside the wall or outside my property. Can you please offer the assitance to help me to resolve the connection issue?

Thank you.

Expert

Re: Intermittent Internet Connection

Where are you seeing that message ? In a computer's browser. In a router's U.I pages ? Provide details about your equipment.

Frequent Visitor

In a router's U.I pages. I am using Motorola SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem. I can also see a yellow exclamation mark on the Wifi signal when I lose the internet connection.

1.jpg
Expert

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your response. You want the information like this?

1.jpg
Expert

Hi @cyrus1994

You want to figure out if you have a wifi issue or if you have a modem/signal issue. Your downstream power levels are pretty poor, so that's most likely your problem. You can verify this by checking the event log (http://192.168.100.1/RgEventLog.asp) and watching the lights on your modem when you have connection issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Check out the troubleshooting guide while you wait for a reply.

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Official Employee

Hi cyrus1994, I can assist you with getting your connection issue resolved. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Expert

FWIW, the downstream power figures that you posted are out of spec. I now defer your topic to ComcastAmir.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your assitance. I will now contact ComcastAmir. I appreciate your professional opinion.

Expert

Quite welcome ! I deferred because he stepped in to help you. He is an actual Comcast employee. Good luck !

Official Employee

cyrus1994 wrote: I can see the internet signal has improved since the technician came. The technician was polite and came on time. I am going to give a credit to the technician and your asssitance. Thank you!

I am glad that we were able to get this corrected for you, have a good day.