Community Forum

Intermittent Connection Issues...

New Poster

Intermittent Connection Issues...

I'm having the same problems as previous customers - My internet connection keeps popping on and off SEVERAL times during the day...

I've called tech service, and had the router "Reset" a number of times, AND a Technician came out 2 weeks ago - He replaced the router, and the connection "held" for a few days, and then, BAM! - It started going in and out again.

This is beyond frustrating for me, because I work from  home too, and these "outages" are costing me money!!!

Please Xfinity - There HAS to be something you can do to fix this problem once and for all??!!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Intermittent Connection Issues...

I have the same problem and have had issues since I got the internet connected. They have come out a number of times and changed every line from the pole to the modem and just like you it was fine for a few days then back to powering on and off due to signal loss. The tech told me it was an issue on their end and referred it to their maintenance department. This is now over 2 months of lacklustre performance on Comcast's end and I feel like they should be able to get this figured out or compensate me for the product.

Official Employee

Hello, AlwriteyThen. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having issues with your internet connection. That is certainly frustrating. I also work from home and know what it likes needing a reliable internet connection. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

OK, so after running the diagnostics tests (several times), I kept getting an error message stating that "a cable connection has been damaged" or something along those lines.

However, every time I checked the modem, all of the cables/connections were tight and seemingly in good shape.

I eventually got the idea to check the cable that ran from the modem to the wall, and sure enough, that end of the cable was frayed and barely fitting into the outlet.

I called Customer Service, and after several rounds with various Agents, I was able to schedule a Technician visit - "Mike" arrived (within the 2-hour window), checked the cable, replaced it, gave me some tips and pointers on how to receive the best reception, and was gone in under 30 minutes.

Problem solved - No more in and out WiFi and Internet connections - FINALLY!!! 

Official Employee

I'm glad I was able to assist you, AlweiteyThen. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!