Community Forum

Icomfort thermostat not connecting to wifi

Regular Visitor

Icomfort thermostat not connecting to wifi

We just got a new xfinity modem and our icomfort thermostat wifi won't connect; Comcast says it's on Lennox; Lennox took a ton of time to show me it is because latest xfinity modem no longer supports 802.11b, which apparently my thermostat wifi needs. So...any suggestions! Lennox was surprised xfinity no longer supports this and suggested buying an inexpensive router that supports 802.11b to plug int xfinity modem. Any experience or suggestions! Seems crazy to me! Thank you!

Official Employee

Re: Icomfort thermostat not connecting to wifi

Hi there! I can look into this more in depth by pulling up your account. We will post a solution here in the thread publically if we find a one! Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I am unfamiliar with how to private message you this information. If you explain how to do that I would gladly do this. Lennox was shocked your latest modem no longer supports this oldest WiFi band. Thank you kindly!
Silver Problem Solver

@Jjm5 wrote:
I am unfamiliar with how to private message you this information. If you explain how to do that I would gladly do this. Lennox was shocked your latest modem no longer supports this oldest WiFi band. Thank you kindly!

I do a right-click on @ComcastMartin and then click on "Send a message" on the right side of the Profile.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Thank u!
New Poster

I am having the same issue. What was the answer when you posted this question?
Regular Visitor

No answers! Lennox indicates new Xfinity modem no longer support oldest band used by my icomfort! Really stinky of Xfinity to stop supporting! Ugh!
Official Employee

Hi there, @Jjm5. I see you sent me a private message on Saturday, one of my days off. I am in the office now and will reach out to ASAP! Thank you for your patience! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Here is the fix! Buy a $30 tp-link wireless N access point 300 Mbps 2.4 ghz router! Plug into back of xfinity modem! Plug in power! Go to wireless device requiring 802.11b signal! Add tp link wireless device; enter pass word on bottom of router; try to reconnect devices ce! For $30...have  icomfort thermostat back! Conmcast....relatively useless! Lennox techie....rocked! Yippee! And Comcast....be forthright with customers re devices that might get not work! 

Official Employee

I am glad that the thermostat is working for you now, @Jjm5

Changes in wifi technologies are becoming more frequent as time goes on. I myself had to replace a lot of equipment in my house because they did not accept any other frequency. 

I am glad I was able to get the right information over to you in our conversation. 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out again! 

Thank you for being a great part of our Comcast family! 

Expert

Fwiw, that's double NAT... You can Google for its pitffalls.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.