Community Forum

IPv6 settings w/Netgear R7000 Router

Most Valued Poster

IPv6 settings w/Netgear R7000 Router

Been having issues with correct settings for IPv6 and Netgear R7000. When I set to Auto Detect after about a week I lose IPv6 and when I do IPv6 test it only gives me 17 of 20 saying ICMP is Unreachable so I tried Auto Config and it's been working fine for a week now and my ICMP is reachable 19 of 20 also using Auto Config on the bottom settings. Just wondering what settings people are using for this router with comcast? Modem I am using is SB6183 and using Netgear firmware. Thanks
Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: IPv6 settings w/Netgear R7000 Router

Hello, I'm still having problems with my IPv6 disconnection about every 2 weeks with Netgear R7000 router. I settings I'm using now are:

Right Hand Drop Down: Auto Config

IPv6 Domain Name Server (DNS) Address : using Get automatically from ISP (No IPv6 server address filled)

LAN Set up: IP Address Assignment: using Auto Config

Tried Auto Detect also and still have problems with Losing IPv6

Any suggestions for setup would be greatly appreciated

Expert

Do you have the latest firmware update from the manufacturer ? I had the same problem when I had an R7000 and a firmware update fixed it

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

Yes lastest version 42
Expert

Is there still a "Native IPv6" setting available ? If so, have you tried using that ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

Now currently using Auto Detect which says now Dhcp. There isal an options called Fixed.

Most Valued Poster

Does comcast not use the following for IPv6:

If your Internet connection does not use PPPoE, DHCP, or fixed, but is IPv6, select Auto Config. For more information about IPv6 Internet connection, see the following sections

Because I now selected "AUTO CONFIG" setting and it seems to be stable.

Most Valued Poster

Well lost IPv6 again with Netgear R7000 router. Please someone help me with correct setup? Went back to Autodetect and now says DHCP and using Auto Config on the bottom. A few years ago I had X1 and tech put a Poe Filter on my cable incoming line I know its stupid but could the filter be causing the issue? I can't seem to get it to screw off. Thanks

Most Valued Poster

Happened again today woke up to no Ipv6 connection with R7000 Netgear router. Can someone help me with correct settings. Using Autodetect for top and Autoconfig for bottom. Thanks
Expert

Maybe you should ask your question in the Netgear forums ?