Community Forum

IPv6 question in ATL market

New Poster

IPv6 question in ATL market

Hello.  It is very difficult to find information about IPv6 and IPv6 support.  I see from many postings since 2013 that Comcast will allow users to request via prefix delegation (PD) a /60.  When I set my prefix length to /60 -- all it seems I can receive is a /64.  Is that expected behavior?  Does anyone have any idea who to contact or how to escalate an IPv6 question--customer service wants to help, but they have no idea how to escalate a ticket.

If a /64 is all that is available, that would be good to know.  According to many posts online, it seems like Comcast has set up their Arris CMTS's to delegate up to a /60.  And if you use SLAAC, a /64 is basically one flat network--and i have a need to experiment with multiple IPv6 subnets.

Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: IPv6 question in ATL market

Hi there, Dave_in_atl. 

Thank you for reaching out and posting. I looked into your questions and it looks like residential services are locked at the /64, like you stated. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: IPv6 question in ATL market

FWIW, I remember in the past that customers could hint for a /60 as well as a /64 prefix but I Guess that they must have phased that out.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!