Community Forum

I have the DPC3941T, want to replace.

Frequent Visitor

I have the DPC3941T, want to replace.

I my wifi is only needed in a standard sized one bedroom home.
At most my TV and a few phones would be streaming at one time.
I have the performance plus 60Mbps.

I just want to replace my modem obviously and stop the $13 rental.
Best buy has a Netgear Range max dual-band wifi router. Would that replace my needs for now without having to worry about buffering from Netflix, etc?

Thank you!
Expert

Re: I have the DPC3941T, want to replace.

What is the exact model number of that Netgear ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I actually don't think it's approved.
Just looking for an inexpensive gateway that I don't have to worry about speeds in a small one bedroom unit with a few devices that stream Netflix and the like.
I don't do intense gaming or 8 devices or have a 1500 Sq ft house, but I also want to make sure that I don't get something so cheap that even what I feel are minimal requirements aren't met.
Expert

Model number ??? You do realize that if it is just a router, you will also need to use a cable modem with it right ? Also, do you have and wish to continue using their phone service ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!