Community Forum

I have been having intermittent disconnects for a few months.

New Poster

I have been having intermittent disconnects for a few months.

I have been having intermittent disconnects for a few months. It is usually a few times a day for up to about 10 minutes. It seems like rebooting modem usually brought it back up quicker than waiting, but I have no way to know. I can get to the modem during the outage, but no farter via ping. If I use my phone on LTE and lauch the my account app, it shows my modem as unreachable.

I had a n Arris SB6183 cable modem and a pfsense firewall. on the Blast plan I didn't have the time to try to figure out if something was wrong with the equipment.

I just upgraded from Internet Only to a Triple Play with 1gb Internet. In addition I decided to just use the Xfinity modem/firewall instead. Since it is still happening with the comcast gear and my wife is now anoid by the frequent outages. I would like to try and get it resolved.

I haven't had a tech out, except for the Tech who installed the new modem on Monday.

I haven't opened a ticket yet for the random disconnects. I did have to open a ticket as 30 minutes after Install on Monday, my whole street lost power for 30 minutes and I had no connectivity from the modem out after power was restored. Even after restarting from the XFI app and the modem being reset by the IVR when I called support, I still didn't have access. the tech support person had to send aother restarted which fixed that issue.

Attached is my Xfinity Modem Info and signal level charts. I checked and there is nothing in System/Event/Firewall logs

signal-info.jpgmodem-info.jpg

errors.jpg

New Poster

Re: I have been having intermittent disconnects for a few months.

It just went down again. It looks like the modem lost connection and is reinitializing the connection. I managed to get some screenshots while it was down. Still nothin in the logs.

xfinity account app status.png

xfinity-network.jpgxfinity initialization status.jpgxfinity channel bonding.jpg

New Poster

Re: I have been having intermittent disconnects for a few months.

I am pleasently suprised. I was dreading call support about my issue. Now while the initial support was useless as they kept telling me that my issue was my browser cache needed to be cleared. The 2nd level tech looked at my connections and saw numerous timeouts. A tech was sent out, who found an issue with the signal coming into my house. He inspected the cable from the strret to my house and found that the cable was damaged by the pole. After replacing the cable from the street to the outside of my house my connection has been stable for about 15 hours.