Community Forum

I cant connect to hotspot anymore

Highlighted
New Poster

I cant connect to hotspot anymore

Hello guys I’m new here, and I’m currently job surfing and I can only afford hour passes when I get the chance, free trial only works once every 30 days. And a few days ago it stopped connecting It was working nice on the first 3 times, until the fourth time the sign in page with the passes won’t load. It connects to the hotspot but in the Network sharing center there’s a red X between xfinity and Internet.

I realized this only happens with my laptop, and my cell is out of internet data, but when I used my cell wifi on the same xfinity hotspot it connects. Same with my friend’s laptop when he comes over he connects with no problem, and both devices using the same network. I noticed it’s only my laptop it don’t make sense. I ran spy, virus scans and diagnose scans and it keeps telling me check cables and reset my modem, but of course I don’t own the modem. I ran 3 different internet connection repair software’s and rebooted many times, I even tried system restore when my connection was working with Xfinity, and none of these fixed the problem. Guys please let me know how to fix this red X problem I’m running out of options. Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: I cant connect to hotspot anymore

I am having the same problem, it started out of the blue. I can't connect to the secure XFINITY hotspot, it shows I'm connected but no internet, and half the time I can't connect at all anymore. Same problem for my cell, tablet and laptop. I wish someone from Xfinity would address this issue, there seems to be several other people recently posting similar connection problems.