Community Forum

Hundreds of uncorrectable codewords on Netgear CM1000 Modem only when it rains

Regular Visitor

Hundreds of uncorrectable codewords on Netgear CM1000 Modem only when it rains

What I thought was an intermittent problem was a actually a reproducable problem that corrolates to rainy/wet conditions.  My CM1000 modem can go for days and weeks without any correcatble errors not to metion uncorrectable errors but when it rains and depending on my internter usage I get hundreds to thousands or uncorrectable errors across 32 bonding channel and QFDM as this is a DOCSIS 3.1 modem.  I have already had a comcast tech out several months ago, nice and very professional, and of course everything seemed fine from a singal perspective so I replaced my older the modem with my Netgear CM1000. I had an older DOCSIS 3.0 modem that was 4 up and 8 down but it was EOL on Comcast approved modem list.  My question is there a way i can get the line replace between the pole and my house since moisture is likly the issue as i have replaced equipment and there is a 99.99 corralation to the increase of uncorreactbles when it rains.

Thoughts on teh best approach from folks that may have had this issue before would be appreciated?  My signal are in spec both up and down on the modem the issue only happen when it rains and I have confirmed this over a 2 month period. 

Expert

Re: Hundreds of uncorrectable codewords on Netgear CM1000 Modem only when it rains

Yes. It sounds like it would be best to get the techs re-involved until it is fixed properly. There may indeed be water leaking into the drop line or somewhere farther up the line.

Bear in mind that if the premises facing techs can not find or fix a problem at your home, it is they who are responsible for escalating it to their line / network / maintenance dept. techs. The problem may lie beyond your home in the local neighborhood infrastructure somewhere but it is their S.O.P. to start at the home.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!