Community Forum

How to remove computer from router connected devices list

Regular Contributor

How to remove computer from router connected devices list

Comcast installed a new modem/router for me today, model TC8305C.  When I go into router menu I see the technician's iphone as an "online computer" still connected to my network.  (I assume he is not still connected to my network!?!)  

I hit the "x" next to his name but that just says internet access is blocked.  I'm more concerned with access to my home network.  I tried to edit and could only change his connection from DHCP to Static IP (and can't change back). 

How do I remove this reference to the technician's iphone entirely?

Thank You

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: How to remove computer from router connected devices list

Does it have a "Refresh" button to click on ?

Regular Contributor

Not that I see, at least not in the modem/router software.  There is a reset button on back of modem/router.  I unplugged, see my latest post for results.

Regular Contributor

I unplugged and restarted modem/router and that moved the technicians iphone from the "online computers" ist to the "offline computers" list.  I guess any computer that ever connects to my network will be shown on one of these 2 lists going forward?

New Poster

I have the same question but I managed to remove an active computer.  My router program will allow me to remove a computer by checking the "X" next to the computer I want to remove.  I assume you have the same option?   After completing this action I can no longer see active computers on my router.  My computers are definately loged in but now I can't see them.

Bottom line is once they are removed...they are not really removed.  I could always identify the computers on my linksys router but this Arris is something different.  Let me know if you find any help.

Regular Contributor

Its not an active com[puter, but an offline computer I'd i like to have removed from the list.  I guess this is not possible once a device accesses my netwrok it will always be on one of the 2 lists unless I reinstall the modem.

Bronze Problem Solver

A factory reset is the only way to clear the list of connected/disconnected devices from the modem. I apologize for the inconveience, but the newest firmware being released will correct the issues with the devices not being disconnected or being removed from the list.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Does this new firmware include the DPC3939?

Bronze Problem Solver

I know the Cisco modems receive additonal updates due to the 5Ghz connection.

Honestly though, I can't say for 100% sure if they will all get the same update at the same time. However, I will send a note to our engineering group and I'll post the answer here as soon as I am able.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Hi there everyone,

On 08/26/2014, a firmware update was pushed to the Technicolor modems. This update fixed a few issues with the GUI. This also added some features to the modem, so customers can now enable/disable bridge mode or enable/disable their wireless gateway.

As for the Cisco modems, I know there is still an update coming out, but I don't know exactly when. I'll let you all know as soon as I do.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Problem Solver

Thanks again Comcast Jesse, all of us who have Cisco DCP 3939 Gateways are looking forward to those updates. It is great when a Comcast employee makes us all aware of firmware changes that affect us. On the X-1 forum they publish firmware updates and new features, maybe we can start to do this also on the Home Networking/Router/WiFi Gateway help forum as well. Especially the firmware updates that will let you put your gateway into bridge mode by yourself, turn off your wireless, and when IPv6 is available for different Gateways.

Bronze Problem Solver

Corgi11,

That's a really good idea. Let me run that by with management just to be sure, but I think that shouldn't be a big deal.

Thank you for mentioning this.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Did this update ever get pushed to the Cisco routers?

I was trying to remove a device to see if it would fix my Xfinity TV app for android.

I can connect to the network but it appears to be blocking any outbound traffic  for the device.

New Poster

Whenever I click the X next to connected devices to remove devices from my network, the page refreshes and nothing happens. it worked a few times before but now it does nothing. sometimes dupicates even appear.

PS. is there any way to determine the amount of data being used by each device? that would be extremely useful.