Community Forum

How to port forward IPv6 or fix disconnects for xbox one?

New Poster

How to port forward IPv6 or fix disconnects for xbox one?

Currently using an xbox one x, and keep getting random disconnections

I use a wired connection, and updated my gateway to CGM4140COM recently and seemed to fix some problems, but with the new madden coming out it is bringing up the same issues with the xbox.

The xbox uses both IPv4 and IPv6 according to the network details, and I am not able to use port forwarding on the web app to allow the xbox ports recommended. 

I have a couple xboxs in my house, and a playstation which all show up under the web app for port forwarding but not the specific xbox I'm having issues on

I've read that IPv6 doesn't need them, but I have no way of only using IPv6 on my xbox that I know of, and feel that is the cause of the disconnects and assume that is when its switching between the two. 

The internet on my PC will be working as normal, and I can load back into the game after it happens, but it still gives me a loss for the disconnect and it's really frustrating to have happen during playoffs where it gives you the loss and you have to start the season back over.

Please, if anyone knows how to fix this or can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate your help

Official Employee

Re: How to port forward IPv6 or fix disconnects for xbox one?

Hi @pochizzled

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I was able to find this link, which will give you more information and assist you with port forwarding. I hope this helps. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!