Community Forum

How to get a second IP

Frequent Visitor

How to get a second IP

How to get a second IP address for the second port on my arris 8200 modem.
I can’t find info on it in the price sheet for my area? I am sure Comcast would like money for it.
Expert

Re: How to get a second IP

@RainerM wrote:
How to get a second IP address for the second port on my arris 8200 modem.
I can’t find info on it in the price sheet for my area? I am sure Comcast would like money for it.

If it's not available in your area, (link requires XFINITY account login) , you can't get it. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.
I checked and there is no price for additional IP’s so there is no way of getting one I guess.
Expert

@RainerM wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
I checked and there is no price for additional IP’s so there is no way of getting one I guess.

Yep, it was available in my area (Modesto, CA) a few months ago, I held off on getting one as I was beta testing the new CM1150V to replace my SB8200.... and now the option is gone. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!