Community Forum

How to diable AP isolation on my Xfinity wifi

New Poster

How to diable AP isolation on my Xfinity wifi

I need to know how
Expert

Re: How to diable AP isolation on my Xfinity wifi

Why? If you want devices to be able to communicate with one another or use xFi, they should be on your private network. You shouldn’t be using xfinitywifi in your own home when you private Wi-Fi.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@Whitney_rosas wrote:
I need to know how

What exactly do you want / need to do here. You need to explain more thoroughly please.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Why in the bleep don't people just answer their question. You don't need to offer your two cents just answer the bleeping question there are certain devices that don't respond correctly with ap isolation enable such as Google home mini for example it's useless with ap isolation

so instead of being the peanut gallery why don't you just answer the\%*& question

Expert

Not being descriptive enough doesn’t help anybody get you a solution. On your private network there is no AP Isolation. You shouldn’t be connecting devices like that in your house, to public Wi-Fi. Private Wi-Fi exists for a reason.

New Poster

@jweaver0312 wrote:
Not being descriptive enough doesn’t help anybody get you a solution. On your private network there is no AP Isolation. You shouldn’t be connecting devices like that in your house, to public Wi-Fi. Private Wi-Fi exists for a reason.

So I guess it's your job to become the internet regulator what's the access point configuration? You know you don't have to say anything at all. And there is a real issue with configuring smart devices that have to talk to all the devices out-of-network.

For example Google Assistant gets squelched as soon as it connects to the Wi-Fi define set up before it can return the information required for the software application that is client-side. So installation never gets completed and the device is rendered useless.

I actually had to reconfigure and old router to act like an access point in order to be able to save Google Assistant many starts that I had in my home. It's not going to be any more insecure than it would have been had the router allowed open access point configuration

People are going to do what they're going to do you know you can explain to people why they shouldn't do it give them the information they need and make them happy. You can lock down your network after these above-mentioned devices are fully configured.

Being abrasive doesn't help anybody

@jweaver0312 wrote:

Official Employee

Hello all, I am more than happy to assist you with you concerns but EG is right please provide a bit more information on what you're trying to accomplish and I can provide a sound answer. Feel free to reach back out to me here or via PM by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello again everyone, I don't see a private message or a reply back from anyone here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.