Community Forum

How to change the threshold for data limit notifications?

Frequent Visitor

How to change the threshold for data limit notifications?

The Xfinity help file says this.  I quote:

"

Personal Notification Thresholds

You can elect to receive email, browser and text notifications at 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%, 110%, and 125% of a terabyte (The notification on reaching 100% of your monthly data plan will always be sent.).

You can set your personal notification thresholds on your Usage Meter webpage in My Account."

However, when I click that link, it just shows me my data usage for the past 4 months, and there is nowhere to change the threshold for when I receive data limit notifications.  Where can I find this option?  Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: How to change the threshold for data limit notifications?

@kurtdh1 wrote:

The Xfinity help file says this.  I quote:

"

Personal Notification Thresholds

You can elect to receive email, browser and text notifications at 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%, 110%, and 125% of a terabyte (The notification on reaching 100% of your monthly data plan will always be sent.).

You can set your personal notification thresholds on your Usage Meter webpage in My Account."

However, when I click that link, it just shows me my data usage for the past 4 months, and there is nowhere to change the threshold for when I receive data limit notifications.  Where can I find this option?  Thanks.

There is a link on that page to this:

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/users/205820070714053706COMCAST.USRMIG/notifications

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Log onto My Account, then the Settings tab, then on the left side (or the bottom), go to Communications and Ad Prefrerences. 

Scroll down and you'll find Data Usage Notification. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

There is no "data usage notification" section in my communications and ad preferences. I have the following sections:

Paperless Billing

Payment and Billing Notifications

Purchases and Usage

Internet Security

Advertising Preferences

Marketing Preferences

Nobody has been able to help me with this issue.  Any other suggestions?

Expert

Are you the account owner?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I'm the account owner.  I tried logging in with both my primary and secondary e-mail addresses.  Neither solves the issue.

Highlighted
Expert

The only other place I know the Communications and Ad Preferences setting can be seen is under

My Account | Users 

and then clicking on your own name. 

When you look at your usage meter, what does it say your data limit is? 

Frequent Visitor

I was on unlimited data this month, but I cancelled it, so starting on April 1st, I am now on the 1 terabyte data limit plan. However, when I go to monthly data usage, it just shows my data usage for each month and nowhere does it actually say what my data cap is (eventhough I know it's 1 terabyte).

Still no options to change threshold for data limit notifications - and Comcast has been unable to help me either.

Expert

Figured as much. It takes a few days, often a week or so, after changes in your account are made, to properly reflect online.