Community Forum

How to Receive XB7 Gateway?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How to Receive XB7 Gateway?

Good evening Comcast team,

I currently have an XB3 gateway and would like to upgrade to an XB7 gateway. The XB6 doesn't have enough Ethernet ports so I want an XB7. I'm not looking to make up the difference with third-party hardware.

I tried going through my account and couldn't find anything that lets me upgrade ("You have the latest equipment").

Please let me know what I have to do to upgrade to the XB7 gateway. I can tell that my Wi-Fi on the XB3 is failing and I'd rather upgrade then do a straight swap at the store. That said, I'd rather not go to the store at all due to COVID-19 implications. Delivery is optimal.

I appreciate any help/information that can be provided with my request.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How to Receive XB7 Gateway?

You could use an ethernet switch connected to a port on your current gateway device to get more available ethernet ports;

https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Networking-Switches/b?ie=UTF8&node=281414

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the response but it doesn't apply in this case.

I've clarified my post. My goal here is to get the XB7. I don't want the XB6 because of the number of ports. If I'm going to upgrade from the XB3, it might as well be the XB7.

My understanding is that with paying for the xFi Advantage package with unlimited data, it's pointless for me to spend $250 for a telephony 3.0 modem and AC1750 router when I'm (I think) entitled/already paying for a DOCSIS 3.1 gateway.

Highlighted
Expert

O/k you got it boss.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!