Community Forum

How to Connect smart light bulbs, and Mini socket to 2.5ghz channel of Xfinity ARRIS TG1682G Modem

New Poster

How to Connect smart light bulbs, and Mini socket to 2.5ghz channel of Xfinity ARRIS TG1682G Modem

I have two Smart devices that I cannot pair with my Xfinity ARRIS TG1682G modem. 

The devices are Novostella Smart LED Bulbs, and PowerBear Mini Smart Socket. Both use the "Smart Life App" for iOS and Android.  They specificly say that they only work with 2.5ghz Channels. This modem is suppose to be dual band but it will not connect to the 2.5ghz channel and tells me to pick another network with the 2.5ghz channel. 

So, how do I get these two devices to connect to the 2.5ghz channel when the "Smart Life" app does not see the 2.5ghz channel side? I want to control these devices with me Amazon Echo Dot. 

I have installed the "Smart Life" app on my iPad and my Android phone. I have tried to pair the "Smart Life app" regularly, and with the AP MODE with no success.

And, yes I am using the latest iOS and Android versions.

Hopefully someone has a answer for me and thank you in advance for your help.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: How to Connect smart light bulbs, and Mini socket to 2.5ghz channel of Xfinity ARRIS TG1682G Mod

Are your wireless networks separated or are the 2.4 and 5ghz combined? If combined use the XFi or MyAccount app to edit and separate your networks and try again. If you have pods you won’t be able to separate them.
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!