Community Forum

How long for online speed upgrade to take effect?

New Poster

How long for online speed upgrade to take effect?

Earlier today, I installed a new modem and attempted to upgrade online from the 3 Mbps tier to the 25 Mps tier.

Assumed this would be automatic / instantaneous, but a couple hours (and few restarts) later it looks like it is still stuck at 3 Mbps.  (The new modem is working  fine, just at this slower speed).

How long does is required for this to take effect?  Should I expect some kind of "order processed" email when complete ?

Expert

Re: How long for online speed upgrade to take effect?

Does your account page reflect the upgraded speed tier name and speeds?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

No, doesn't look like that has updated... I guess this has to be updated manually by a person ?

Gold Problem Solver

@hickersb wrote: ... How long does is required for this to take effect? ...

It should normally take effect the next time your modem or gateway reboots. To that end, before the phone call or chat ends the rep you talk to should issue a remote reboot command, or ask you to power down the modem or gateway and power it up again. Consider calling them back and having them check that the change was actually made.

New Poster

Hi, thanks for your reply.  I tried chatting again, and they suggested it may take 24-48 hours to update.  I guess I will just have to wait.  Thanks again.

Expert

FWIW and AFAIK, it should happen before you get off of the phone call with the rep and not 24-48 hours later.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!