Community Forum

How do I remove a cell phone connected to my wifi?

Frequent Visitor

How do I remove a cell phone connected to my wifi?

I've been having issues, mainly with the phone, so they brought out a new modem.  The tech connected his phone to my wifi at the time, but after logging into the modem, it shows as still connected (green circle with white check).

There is no option to remove a device, and despite rebooting, his phone still shows as connected.

The phone is listed under Gateway>Connections>Auto-Learned Wi-Fi Devices.  While I understand he is most likely not in the area, I still would like his phone removed from my modem.  It shouldn't be that hard, but it is.

If I go to Connected Devices > Devices, the  only option I have when I click edit is to change him from a DHCP to Reserved IP.  There is no way to remove it.

Any ideas?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: How do I remove a cell phone connected to my wifi?

You may need to reset it back to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds for that to be removed. You will lose any customized settings.

Frequent Visitor

Re: How do I remove a cell phone connected to my wifi?

Thank you.

It seems that we should be in complete control over "who/what" is connected to our networks.  While I understand that tech support must access the modem from time-to-time, the actual devices should be controlled by us.  

Comcast has failed in this aspect.