Community Forum

How do I get my wireless router's security code and username?

New Poster

How do I get my wireless router's security code and username?

My smart TV is asking for wieless network security code. Where can I find this?

New Poster

Re: How do I get my wireless router's security code and username?

You can find that security code printed on a label that is located under your Comcast internet router. It is a set 16 numbers and letters labeled "Network Key". Your router name can also be found on that same label, listed as "Network Name".

-Mundo
Expert

If it is a CC supplied device, and it hasn't been manually changed, it should be on a sticker on the bottom (network key).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Apologies for the *echo* post. Didn't see yours before I replied.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The ntwork password is not the same as the the security code for the router. I entered the network password but it didnt work. Thanks

Expert

So you want the devices access credentials ? If so, and they haven't been changed, they should be admin for the user name and password for the password.

The term "security" is usually associated with the wireless network key / security encryption passkey..