Community Forum

How do I get CA certificate for wifi security

Highlighted
New Poster

How do I get CA certificate for wifi security

For an android device where do I obtain the CA certificate for xfinity wifi?
Expert

Re: How do I get CA certificate for wifi security

If you are referring to the certificate that is used by their secure public WiFi hotspots, you need to download the profile / app;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/secure-vs-open-xfinity-wifi

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The app doesn't install a certificate on Android. I have a Google Pixel 2 running Android Pie with the latest updated. Also, I am a network administrator and I set up Enterprise wifi regularly. This app doesn't install the CA certificate which is required for the secure wifi to work. Please resolve promptly and escalate this issue. Thanks.
New Poster

I have still received zero response to my issue.
New Poster

This no longer works and they have discontinued consumer access. Only business accounts can use the secure "XFINITY" hotspots now. The online documtation has not been updated to reflect business-only and is now incorrect.
Official Employee

There are two different kinds of Xfinity Wifi that you can connect to:

The first is the one with the name “xfinitywifi”. After you select this one on your device, launch your browser. You will be redirected to the XFINTY WiFi sign in page. If the page doesn’t automatically redirect, type a different address in your web browser – such as www.xfinity.com – to be redirected to the XFINITY WiFi sign in page. You can then use your XFINITY username and password to sign in and start browsing, streaming and more.

The second one is named “XFINITY”. You cannot connect directly to this SSID, but you can get access by installing the security profile on your device. More information about the security profile is available here: https://wifi.xfinity.com/default.php#security
Once the application or profile is installed, sign in using your XFINITY username and password and start browsing, streaming and more.

More detailed information is available at this link: http://wifi.xfinity.com/faq.php

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@odbo265 wrote:
This no longer works and they have discontinued consumer access. Only business accounts can use the secure "XFINITY" hotspots now. The online documtation has not been updated to reflect business-only and is now incorrect.

Do you have any docs to corroborate this assertion ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.