Community Forum

How do I change DNS?!!!

New Poster

How do I change DNS?!!!

How do I change DNS?! Comcast DNS Serverrs are ousy.  I need to change mine.  How does one do this with this equipment they lease to us.  Do I need to buy my own DOCSIS or will it matter? This is ridiculous!!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How do I change DNS?!!!

@Renegade87111 wrote:

How do I change DNS?! Comcast DNS Serverrs are ousy.  I need to change mine.  How does one do this with this equipment they lease to us.  Do I need to buy my own DOCSIS or will it matter? This is ridiculous!!

You can't change the default DNS servers on the Comcast gateways for security reasons. If you really want to use alternate DNS servers, you'll have to use a personal router. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: How do I change DNS?!!!

What is happening that makes you think that the Comcast DNS servers are "lousy" ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!