Community Forum

How can I reach 3rd-tier support for a PUBLIC ip issue!??

Highlighted
New Poster

How can I reach 3rd-tier support for a PUBLIC ip issue!??

I have been working... "attempting" to work with customer service on a Public IP address issue. I have found that my "PUBLIC" IP address is on a Spam list for some reason. This is blocking me from visiting a variety of websites, some that i really need (i.e. bank, xfinity.com, etc...). I have been told the usual "ipconfig /release".. c'mon, "restart your router", "Advanced troubleshooting, modem provisioning" and the best "It's a static IP we can't help". I'm using a Residential subscription which I highly doubt is static. Obviously, I've been on the phone too long with people who unfortunately haven't been taught basic IP fundamentals, which is 100% not their fault. Invest in your employee's please...

I just need to know if there is someone who understands that I need help with a dynamic Public IP address issue and if there is anyway to help. Please.

Thank you!Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: How can I reach 3rd-tier support for a PUBLIC ip issue!??

What "Spam list" is your IP on? There are "Spam lists" that all Comcast Residential customer IPs SHOULD be on.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The  fastest way to solve this issue I would think is for you to use a VPN to get a different IP in a different city.  I think there are some free VPN services but I've been using VPN unlimited from KeepSolid and it seems to work well at good speeds with many USA and global servers.  StackSocial had a special on it for lifetime for 39 some years ago and I use it from time to time when using airport or hotel wifi on my computer and phone and it's been very stable.  I think you can try 1 month for 10 or it's half that if you buy a year.  If I were you I would try this route to fix yourself and keep complianing to your ISP with tickets to get them to get the public IP issue fixed for you.  I wouldn't think you could get much progress as it's more a B2B issue.

Highlighted
New Poster

SpamHaus which the IP should not be on. Furthermore, the list is immutable...

Highlighted
Expert

@bshea19 wrote:

SpamHaus which the IP should not be on. Furthermore, the list is immutable...

That would depend on the Spamhaus list it's on.

My IP address (more specifically, a range of IP addresses of which I'm part of) is on  the PBL (Policy Block List) because I have a consumer IP address and it has no business sending unauthenticated email without going through Comcast's servers. It's not on the SpamHaus Block List (SBL) which lists known spammers, nor on the Exploits Block List (XBL), which lists IPs known to have been compromised and assisting spammers or malware, and obviously not the Domain Block List (DBL). 

Have you checked the SpamHaus Blacklist Removal Center yet? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Edit: Disregard found something else. Yes I'm on the dynamic user blocklists and a few extra's but it looks more like the issue is linked to Akamai... Still not sure why that happened. I can either get a new public IP or email site owners to remove my Ip from the lists...