Community Forum

How can I get another IP address added to my Arris SB8200 modem?

Frequent Visitor

How can I get another IP address added to my Arris SB8200 modem?

I have seen threads were people were succesfull in getting each ethernet port an address. I have spent many hours on the phone about this but no one seems to know about this when I call.  Id apprecate any help I can get.

Dave

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How can I get another IP address added to my Arris SB8200 modem?

First of all, you should check if the ability to have additional residential IP addresses is available in your area: check https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/ (requires XFINITY account logon).

If it's available, provisioning your modem for the second IP should be no issue, any of the official Comcast employees here can do that.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

dneteng, thanks for reaching out! I just responded back to your PM. Looking forward to hearing back from you there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I am trying to get an ip on the second port of my Arris SB8200 modem.  I have called a few times and have not been sucessful but I se other posts that they were succesfull including one that you helped. 

Can you help me get this setup?

Dave

Official Employee

dneteng, I can help. Please respond back to my PM with the information requested. Thank you! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I am not sure what my PM is? Does this mean that I will get the other IP address over DHCP to the second ethenet port of the Modem?

Dave

Expert

PM = Private Message from her.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

dneteng, when you log in, you should see an envelope icon. Please click on that to view the Private Messages in your inbox.