Community Forum

HotSpot not working. How to get fixed?

Regular Visitor

HotSpot not working. How to get fixed?

I am in Ocean City, MD and the hotspots are not working. I can connect and authentic....just no internet. I get an IP, DNS etc. I downloaded the security profile and the hotspot app.

I have successfully used the hotspots from this address for years. I have worked “from home” without issue.

I contacted Comcast and after 80 minutes, one disconnect, 4 levels of service, I was eventually told that the Hotspots are owned by a/the “business” and since I was not the owner, I did not have the authority to have a trouble ticket opened for resolution. I was literally told that residential customers cannot call for HotSpot service.

I saw in another thread that ComcastJoeTru maybe able to assist and I do not know how to contact ComcastJoeTru.

Help?
Official Employee

Re: HotSpot not working. How to get fixed?

Hi XComGuy. Thanks for posting on our Forum. In your case, we can take a look and check the diagnostics to try and discover the root cause of the hotspot not working. In some cases we can fix it remotely. In the event that the WiFi broadcast is coming from a private account and due to equipment malfunction, the account owner would need to request technician support directly. Let's take a look. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name and the address to the hotspot, so I can assist you. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: HotSpot not working. How to get fixed?

Hi XComGuy. Since we didn't see a response from you on this,  this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!