Community Forum

Horrible internet speeds - How to get what I'm promised?

New Poster

Horrible internet speeds - How to get what I'm promised?

Hi,

I'm on 

Blast Internet Download speeds up to 250 Mbps plan

but XFinity speed test shows me 23.5Mbps download & 11.1Mbps Upload speed. I get frequent disconnects. I'm using Xfinity rental router and gradually this has gotten from bad to worse. Router reboot does not seem to address the issue. 

What can I do to get this issue addressed quickly? I feel I'm paying for a lot more than I am getting.

Thanks for your support.

New Poster

Re: Wireless Gateway Device/Feature Comparison

I have been an XFinity customer for nearly 4 years now and I still have the original rental router I was given which I think is v1. Lately the performance seems to be degrading rapidly. If I take the router to the XFinity store would I be able to get the device upgraded?

Most Valued Poster

@mck_ma wrote:

I have been an XFinity customer for nearly 4 years now and I still have the original rental router I was given which I think is v1. Lately the performance seems to be degrading rapidly. If I take the router to the XFinity store would I be able to get the device upgraded?

Oh yes......I have upgraded mine twice at my local Xfinify store....easy peasy

Highlighted
Expert

If you have the Wireless Gateway 1, then yes, please upgrade it ASAP. 

You can swap it at an Xfinity Store, or request an upgrade by phone at (800)XFINITY, by Chat Support, or even here on this forum (just say so). 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks much for your guidance. Will go to the store tomorrow!

New Poster

Re: Horrible internet speeds - How to get what I'm promised?

Thanks, I realized I have a very old rental router and will try to get it changed to the later model tomorrow and observe for a while. Will post back with updates. Appreciate your support

New Poster

Re: Horrible internet speeds - How to get what I'm promised?

I got the newest gateway. Setup was too easy with the xFi app on my phone. Old SSID and password etc all carried over. Super! Speed seems to be much much improved. Can't believe I struggled all this time with the older unit. Thanks once again.