Community Forum

Home xfinity connection getting "unstable internet connect" during Webex or Zoom

Highlighted
New Poster

Home xfinity connection getting "unstable internet connect" during Webex or Zoom

When I use Webex or Zoom or Facetime over my home xfinity connection I keep getting "unstable internet connection" every 10 minutes or so and the audio and video stops for 30 sections upto 5 minutes.  This happen EVERY time I use one of these apps.  I work from home so this is killing my business.  I only have one system on line so I am NOT taxing my system.  I've reset many time so that is not the issue.  I am also within 10 feet of my Gateway so it is not a signal issue.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Home xfinity connection getting "unstable internet connect" during Webex or Zoom

I have had this happen to me several times.  It happened several years ago, and after 30 minutes of troubleshooting the rep determined that there was hardware failure in the network. 

Last week, my webex (and even outlook) had periodic freezing (audio or outlook mail connection). This go progressively worse all week until I once again called, had to wait 2 hours for a callback, got a rep whom I could not understand, hung up, called back, waited another two hours and was finally connected to a very supportive technician.  He got right to investigating the network came back on line and said he had reset a number of services upstream, and essentially fixed the problem. 

Fast forward a week later and the issue started rearing its ugly head again.  In the middle of a WebEx call, my audio cuts out for 30 seconds to 2 minutes, comes back for no reason. Video and screen sharing still work as I can hand signal people that I once again dropped audio. 

I am dreading another cycle through customer service. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Home xfinity connection getting "unstable internet connect" during Webex or Zoom

The audio issues are common.   For reliable audio, the best workaround is to avoid audio through the app and use a separate network for the audio - either cellphone or a real land-line.   Using a separate VOIP device to call the 10-digit-phone-number-dial-in call can help too but will be affected by internet/wifi randomness.    It is most reliable to use a totally different network for the audio - cellullar voice network or oldschool landline/SS7 network.

Highlighted
New Poster

i am a teacher using Zoom from home now and this is the same exact thing happening to me.  I upgraded my internet and it still didnt help and it seems like i am the only one having issues.  i am calling xfinity today again because  there has to be a reason.  Let me know if you are able to figure it out