Community Forum

Home wifi sometimes "not connected" but hotspot works fine

New Poster

Home wifi sometimes "not connected" but hotspot works fine

This is on my android tablets when trying to stream either Amazon, Hulu or even the Xfinity streaming app. While connected to the home wifi network, it'll buffer until the app says "no internet connection" while still connected to the network. But if I switch to the hotspot, all is good.

Also, this is only on streaming entertainment, not YT or any web sites or apps.

I have the wifi on an unpopulated channel and am using the neighbors hotspot for this. The hotspot on our router is off due to it's channel piggyback and our home being 3 floors and need the clear signal.

I've reset the router and reset up the network. This is on the Technicolor TC8305C modem. Wired Windows devices no problems.

Official Employee

Re: Home wifi sometimes "not connected" but hotspot works fine

Hey there, nla-entertainme, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having while streaming from your home network! I'd like to investigate this a little further with you and take a look at the modem's signals. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started? Thanks! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!