Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Home wifi Login Issue

New Poster

Home wifi Login Issue

Trying to login into home wifi using my iphone - says incorrect password. I am using correct password. All my other devices are working fine. It used to work fine on this phone also but I had to reset phone, but Xfinity public wifi/hotspot continues to work fine (had to do nothing after phone reset).

Tried the usual trouble shooting - resetting router (power down), forget network on phone, rebooting iphone, etc - nothing works.

How do I fix this?

Tags (4)
Expert

Re: Home wifi Login Issue

SamT1 wrote:

Trying to login into home wifi using my iphone - says incorrect password. I am using correct password. All my other devices are working fine. It used to work fine on this phone also but I had to reset phone, but Xfinity public wifi/hotspot continues to work fine (had to do nothing after phone reset).

Tried the usual trouble shooting - resetting router (power down), forget network on phone, rebooting iphone, etc - nothing works.

How do I fix this?

Random thought; maybe a case-sensitive issue?  Check your passphrase on My Account.

Expert

SamT1 wrote:

I am using correct password. All my other devices are working fine. ?

Are you inputting the exact same password that is being used on the devices that do connect ?

New Poster

All my other devices are (were) alreday connected - they continue to work fine. So I would conclude the password did not (magically) change - I would think that should be the wifi behavior.

Because I had to reset the phone I have to (re)enter the password and it does not work.

Something similar happened a few months ago - so the only solution was to change the password itself. This is cumbersome solution- as it needs resetting passwords on all devices - have many people and many devices- too much of a pain.

Expert

Next time if this happens, try stopping all apps (swipe up) power off/on iPhone and then try connecting to the SSID you want.

New Poster

I have tried all this did not work. Somehow surviving (barely) on xfinity hotspot wifi.