Community Forum

High uncorrectables with Xfinity

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

High uncorrectables with Xfinity

Hi All,

We've had Xfinity for roughly 2 years and pretty much since day one the service has been completely hit or miss. On the off chance that our connection is stable, we see download/upload speeds exactly as advertised, but it's rarely stable.

We have called in to technical support many times, and have walked through the generic troubleshooting steps, which typically "fix" the connection long enough for them to verify that everything "looks good on their end". Problems often reappear later that day or week.

More recently, we had a technician visit the apartment, but aside from replacing a foot of old wire leading to the apartment's junction box, he didn't find anything wrong (though he did not look at anything beyond the junction box).

The problems appear to coincide with an extremely high number of correctables/uncorrectables and sometimes the upstream channels will fail to lock.

logs.PNG

Sporadic problems occur regardless of whether the modem is connected directly to the apartment's line-in or if we add a 3-way or 4-way splitter (to drop downstream power levels closer to 0, as they are typically quite high).

downstream.PNG

upstream.PNG

My spouse and I are both working from home these days, and this has been a huge problem when it comes to video conferencing or working over RDP.

Modem: Netgear C7000 Nighthawk (modem+router)
Firmware: V1.03.01
Network: Typically serves 5-8 devices, with only 2-4 being active at any point in the day, and with 2 of those connected via LAN.

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: High uncorrectables with Xfinity

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they need to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to them here.

Or copy all of the text of the status page and paste it into the body of your next post here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!