Community Forum

High correctables and uncorrectables in under two days

Regular Contributor

High correctables and uncorrectables in under two days

I dont know whats going on with my connection, but I am having high correctables and uncorrectables in just under two days of modem uptime. I am using good splitters, RG6 coax, and my ground block has a MoCA filter. I am uploading screen caps of my modem signals as well as modem logs. I will update as more modem logs comes in.

Netgear CM700 is my modem.
downstream.pngupstream.png

Expert

Re: High correctables and uncorrectables in under two days

Are you actually noticing any connectivity / speed problems ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Its hit or miss, the logs will be quiet for several days, then I start getting Lost MDD Timeouts and Loss of Sync. But recently its been okay. Here are my logs attached to the post. I will update when I get another T3 timeout or Lost MDD Timeout. The cable splits into a 3 way spiltter out near the ground block. Then it splits on the 2 way splitter inside, 1 modem and 1 X1 box. The MIMO event was when I power cycled my network.

logs.png

Expert

That didn't answer the question and are you still focusing on the log entries...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

The only thing I have noticed is sometimes while watching streaming content, or when I put the connection under load. Like downloading a Steam game at the maximum my connection will allow, it will disconnect. Kinda like if you removed the coax then connected it back on. The random drop in my connection will last about 2 seconds.

Regular Contributor

Say for instance I download a game, the transfer speed that the game downloads out fluctuates. Sometimes in some cases with streaming video it will de buffer to 720p then back to 1080p and then back to 720p. After a while it will clear up. At 100mbps down, this should not be a thing as far as streaming video is concerned.

I know cable isnt perfect and we all share the same line. But I have wanted to eliminate the two way splitter inside the home, and have one four way at the ground block. 

Official Employee

Hi @strykerzr350

Outside of your logs, are you having any service issues? Are you connected using an Ethernet cord, or connected wirelessly? If using WiFi, we can't promise the same speeds as if you were hardlined. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Occasionally the connection will drop for about one or two seconds. All of my devices except the PC are wireless on a Netgear AC1750 R6700 v2 router.

There is also an excalmation mark on the service status page for my internet connection.

I get this message. Even after I have ran the troubleshooter countless times.
"There are no service outages at your address, but there's a possible issue with your equipment"

Official Employee

strykerzr350, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to find the cause of your troubles and stabilize your connection, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.