Community Forum

High Upstream Power and Low Downstream Power Again

Regular Visitor

High Upstream Power and Low Downstream Power Again

I am an internet-only customer and my modem signal page indicates there are signal issues again. This happens frequently in the 15 years I've been here.  I don't think the real issue has ever really been fixed.  There are 8 townhomes on this block, and unlike others we do not have a central pad in our yard that our homes connect to.  Instead, individual lines go undergroud through conduit to a central point in our yard, and just go back down again through more condiuit to a pole on the corner and go up and across the street to connect. Very very long runs.  Also, the techs have put splitters in our yard, so some homes are sharing drops. 

The techs that have come out have always said the drop is really long and the problem is on their side. Sometimes the linemen will get involved and do something which fixes it for a while, but then the issue comes back over time. They also always expect there to be a central box in our yard and look for it, but then I have to tell them there isn't one.. they all connect over there across the street.

Only one 2-way splitter at the cable modem (Comcast Provided), terminator plugged into extra port. No other splitters. Techs always confirm bad readings outside.

Upstream power is 54 dBmV (always have problems when it's that high)

Downstream power was -18 dBmV, but this morning it's -14 dBmV.

Total Uncorrectable Codewords is high and growing.

Can only get about 10 Mbps on speed test this morning since it's realy bad, but should get around 100 Mbps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! @ComcastJoeTru

Expert

Re: High Upstream Power and Low Downstream Power Again

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards.  You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: High Upstream Power and Low Downstream Power Again

Hi @RJinTX2

Thank you for being a valued member of the Comcast family for the past 15 years. Sorry about the issues you're having with your internet. I'd like to help get this taken care of. I want to start by checking your signals and the node to see if there is anything more that could be contributing to your issues, as well as see if we can get line techs out to investigate any issues with your line that would fix this once and for all. 

Please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? To send a Private Message, please click "Comcast_Support” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!