Community Forum

High Amount of Corrected/Uncorrected Errors on Downstream &

Frequent Visitor

High Amount of Corrected/Uncorrected Errors on Downstream &

Hello,

My old modem was replaced on 1/23/18 because it was no longer supported on Comcast's network. As part of that, I was issued a new modem from Comcast (ARRIS) TG1682. I started having issues staying connected. It's obviously more noticeable when playing online games and using voice comms like Discord. I then requested a Tech visit. The Tech stayed for ten minutes and said he could do nothing and had to call his supervisor. His supervisor has been unreachable by the number the tech had left. My internet connectivity continues to be intermittent.\

I can sometimes play for an hour, then have to power-cycle my modem as I begin to drop packets while continuous pings to google dns show request timeouts. I inspected my home's coax infrastructure and the mainline into my home is split once with a Regal splitter and then goes directly to my office with the cable modem, the other split services my home's TV's. I tried eliminating my Netgear router from the equation (Netgear R6200) and Netgear Extender (EX6150v2) and use the modem's built in router/wifi, but the issues have remained. The Comcast's modem status page showed both corrected and uncorrectable errors in the thousands. Today I purchased an ARRIS SB6190, and I have the same issues.

Below is the status page for the new modem:

Event Log:

Modem: Arris SB6190

Router: Netgear (R600)

Extender: Netgear (EX6150v2)

Splitter: Regal

Tier: Blast Tier (300/10)

A Tech visit that actually results in someone investigating my issue rather would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Expert

Re: High Amount of Corrected/Uncorrected Errors on Downstream &

Your levels are lousy. Typically this is a wiring related issue, not sure why your tech didn't fix it. Smiley Sad

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Frequent Visitor

Bumping this thread.

Still no resolution to this issue, and it is only getting worse and worse. Unfortunately, it truly feels like the support team is providing zero assistance.  

This is extremely frustrating.

Expert

You PM'ed @ComcastShane already?

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Frequent Visitor

Yes

Official Employee

Thank you MMilanoMD, I am off on Sundays and Mondays and I am seeing this now. What I will do is keep this conversation with me until the tech visit and reach back to you to see what they find. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks ComcastShane,

I'll try and keep you abridged via my son as we go through the week.

Official Employee

Absolutely, and thank you.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastShane,

Hope all is well...the tech left our home a little while ago.  Find the following photos of the amplifier that he added, removing an old one, along with status page updates after power cycling...will continue to monitor and keep you posted as per usual, but he also informed me that someone is going to have to come back out to my home and look into the lines from the outside, as there seems to be an issue with the underground lines coming in to the house.  He told me the paperwork will process and take about 10 business days for them to show up, but the work will only take around 1 hour.

I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done as far as the line outside the house, as my son wasn't very clear with the information he gave me from the tech.  For that type of work outside of the home, do I need to make sure someone is home to greet those guys or are they able to just do what needs to be done and be on their way.

Hope you've enjoyed your weekend,

MMilano

IMG_6117.JPG