Community Forum

Hidden network, red bird, myquest listed with the wifi information on my computer

Regular Visitor

Hidden network, red bird, myquest listed with the wifi information on my computer

I don't understand what these items are.  They are listed with the wifi information when I slide in from the right side.  At one point, a neighbor's name was there as well?!?  I played around with removing that one, and it appears to be gone now.  Is someone accessing my information?  What is this stuff?  Would greatly appreciate it if someone could explain this to me.  I have xfinity / comcast internet service.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Hidden network, red bird, myquest listed with the wifi information on my computer

Dottt1 wrote:

I don't understand what these items are.  They are listed with the wifi information when I slide in from the right side.  At one point, a neighbor's name was there as well?!?  I played around with removing that one, and it appears to be gone now.  Is someone accessing my information?  What is this stuff?  Would greatly appreciate it if someone could explain this to me.  I have xfinity / comcast internet service.

Those sound like network names that are close to you (are you in an apartment?).

The only devices that can connect to your network's SSID's are those that you have given the password for your SSID's.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.